Mourinho Rejects Hazard’s Apology For Losing Passport But Star To Play This Weekend

Mourinho Rejects Hazard’s Apology For Losing Passport But Star To Play This Weekend




Jose Mourinho has not accepted Eden Hazard’s apology for the Chelsea star missing training earlier this week.

The Belgian winger was dropped for Wednesday’s Champions League clash with Schalke after losing his passport and failing to board a Eurostar train on Monday morning.

The Blues boss said Hazard had apologised, but although Mourinho – speaking ahead of Saturday’s visit of West Brom – considers the matter over, he could not accept the incident.

‘He has reacted well because he apologised to me and to the club,’ Mourinho said.

‘Of course the apology wasn’t accepted because it was something I couldn’t accept, but it’s over.

‘He is ready to play and has appetite to play. I’m happy he is back.

‘It was a risk not to select him against Schalke in terms of football because he could have helped us, but as a manger you have to take risky decisions when you feel the consequences for the group could be important.

‘There are no more consequences, the consequence was not to play and that as the worst thing for a player.

‘He is a very good kid. He went to a foreign country when he shouldn’t have gone – and on top of that he lost his passport.

‘He knows that everyone was clear and right that he made a mistake. It wasn’t a big story.

‘Everyone knows what my decision would be. The group principles are even more important than a football result.’

Hazard is back in contention for the Baggies’ trip to Stamford Bridge, unlike team-mate Fernando Torres, who Mourinho revealed will not be available until after the international break.

Click here to subscribe to The Paradigm Newsletter

Comments

comments

Share your thoughts

%d bloggers like this: